Mel's Little World ...

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Am I old or young?

Yesterday when I was at the dentist and getting another filling (who gets them at my age??), it hit me that I sometimes act quite young for my age. He was telling me not to eat so many lollies, had to dig it out of me how many lollies I eat a day and after I confessed and said its quite shameful for a 22 year old to be eating so many lollies like a kid, he said don't worry, he's sure that I'll eat less when I grow up and am 23 years old. But i didnt tell him that im going to be 23 in less than 2 months...

When he was drilling my teeth, I thought about whether I'm getting old or act immature for my age. I had a think and some of the things I do aren't normal for my age? Like trying to leave work at 3pm every Friday so that I can watch cartoons on ABC whilst curled up in my bed or getting really excited when Katrina gave me her Hungry Jacks kids meal toy which actually cheered me out of a down mood? (A fast food toy cheered me up???)

So I'm still young... right? Lately I've been feeling like a Grandma because I scoff at P platers that cut in before me and shake my head at 18 year old boys that prance around in clubs in bright pink tsubis and headbands. But I should have a look at myself cuz I don't act that mature either!


Connie and I taking photos of our reflections on the curvy mirrors at Luna Park (some random Indian girl wanted to be in the picture too)

4 Comments:

  • There's aspects of youth I want to hold onto forever - enthusiasm, endless hope, aspiration, curiousity, joy, openness.

    But things that I definitely want to leave behind, and if you hang out with younger people (anyone younger than 21) you realise you have: Insecurity, bitchiness, tryhard-ness, naivete, innocence.

    By Blogger Monica Tan, at 6:55 pm  

  • good point

    By Blogger Mel, at 1:17 pm  

  • Hey Mel,

    The X-Files theme song came on the radio on saturday night as a party "flashback"... THAT made me feel old!!

    And why you'd tell the whole world that you're immature is beyond me ;P ... but you didn't have to drag me down with you!! hehehe Hey at least we looked like super models with our long long legs! haha

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:32 pm  

  • P.S.

    "some random Indian girl"

    Don't be racist Mel!! ;P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home