Mel's Little World ...

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Too good to be true?

Could I be turning into a Myspace nerd??? Before you judge me, read on and you'll see why.

Last week when checking Myspace, a bulletin on the left in tiny letters said 'Island Party - Free Alcohol- RSVP Quick'. I opened it and realised that Sneaky Sound System and the Bang Gang DJs plus others were playing at this private party on an island. I then told a few people about it and we were all a bit sceptical about it- who throws a free party with free alcohol?

But it was true! A big boat turned up and took us away to Cockatoo Island. Funny thing was, I told a few people and they told their friends so 20-30 of us ended up going! When we got there, we were taken to a place with a jungle theme and there were free drinks flowing all night! Whilst you waited in the line at the bar, the bartenders would give you shots while you waited.

Very random and we don't know why they threw this party but oh well! It was a fun night!




<-- This guy jumped in the photo although we don't know him. Has anyone seen Zoolander? He is so Hansel... Hansel is so hot right now!


So am I becoming a Myspace nerd? Nah, I don't think so. Probably only because I'm still on dial up and it's too slow to do anything. Also Happy Birthday to Chris who has now turned 22! The photos below are Chris's birthday party; me and Chris' good friend Casey (Blacky Chan) with us doing asian pride/black power moves; Matt's party last night; matt's party


2 Comments:

  • It was called the SoCo Cargo Party at Cockatoo Island and was a trial for the shipment containers where the party was!!!
    http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2006/10/14/1160246369790.html
    And thank you very very much for comin out to my bday shindig!! Oh what fun! Belle was drunk hehehe and Casey ended up hugging the toilet... poor boy... bless him! Anywho, so glad I stayed in this w/end... was very soul finding and gettin my energy back... Sunday, went shoppin with mum... got a couple dresses, singlets.... MAINLAND CHINA, yellow feverrrr, YUM CHAAAAAAAAAA hahaha... Xx.

    By Blogger Din, at 6:22 pm  

  • Hey Party Woman! =) Are you going to Good vibes in Feb? Pre-sale tix come out 2morw. That's sooo early..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home